Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Watercolor on Canvas - Oakland this weekend

My recent work is transparent watercolors on canvas. The canvas has been created specifically for watercolors, and the end result of this is my ability to paint much larger watercolor paintings than the traditional watercolor. Watercolors on paper must be framed to protect the surface, and these on canvas are waterproof. A flood could impact the image, but a wine spill or water squirt will not.
I have worked in oil, acrylics and watercolors in the past, and I combine the techniques from all of these mediums on the new canvases. Along with a soft palatte, the large watercolor washes not possible with oils and acrylics, so loved by watercolor enthusiasts, is one of the real joys.
I am showing my new work in Montclair Village, Oakland, this weekend, June 24, 25 & 26. I am located in front of the Starbucks on Mountain Blvd. There is a link to a map of this location to the right.

No comments: